OLED for Lighting 2012: How to Drive OLED to a $1.7B Market Opportunity by 2020
(M2 PressWIRE Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Dublin - Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/tbldqk/oled_for_lighting) has announced the addition of the "OLED for Lighting 2012: How to Drive OLED to a $1.7B Market Opportunity by 2020" report to their offering.
How to Drive OLED to a $1.7B Market Opportunity by 2020
OLED INDUSTRY IS JUST ENTERING THE LIGHTING MARKET
OLED revenue has been driven mainly by display applications (smartphones) but the industry is now targeting the lighting market based on the technology specificities in terms of design (form factor) and efficiency. On this new battleground, OLED will have to compete with LED technology which has already paved the way with a revolution in Solid State Lighting (SSL) that has drawn attention away from OLED over the last 10 years. Added to that, the high cost of OLED technology will not make mass market penetration easier and current low efficacy could slow adoption.
OLEDs will develop slowly in the lighting market (Automotive and General lighting) and attract mainly niche applications (specialty and high-end lighting), differentiating through design possibilities. To access traditional market segments (commercial lighting, office lighting), OLED technology will have to find a spark, as well as combine enough different niche markets to achieve the economies of scale that will decrease costs. In our estimation, this should be triggered by 2014 with the use of larger substrates and better process control.
We estimate that OLED lighting panels will reach a market size of nearly $2.8M in 2012 and will peak to nearly $1.7B by 2020 (Fig. 1). Growth will be driven mainly by General Lighting applications, representing more than 70% of the overall OLED lighting business in 2020.
The report presents all OLED Lighting applications and associated market metrics for the period 2012-2020, providing details about drivers & challenges, volume and market size per application
KEY FEATURES OF THE REPORT
- Technology and cost roadmap until 2020 with a detailed analysis of cost reduction factors.
- Detailed overview of the different materials, OLED structures and manufacturing techniques used in OLED lighting panel manufacturing. Focus on the potential of flexible vs. rigid substrates, smallmolecules vs. polymers and evaporation vs. solution-processable techniques (slot-die, ink-jet).
- Key analyses regarding technology feasibility, customer needs and time-to-market enabling proper evaluation of the strategies to be chosen by material supplier, equipment maker and OLED panel and luminaire manufacturers.
- Market metrics, 2012-2020, for OLED Lighting market concerning general lighting and automotive lighting applications (market volume & market size).
WHO SHOULD BY THIS REPORT
Equipment and materials, OLED panel manufacturers.
- Learn about the potential of OLED lighting market.
- Identify the opportunities for your current business in OLED lighting.
- Evaluate the market potential for your product.
- Avoid burning money by making the right technology choice.
Investors and newcomers in OLED business.
- Learn about challenges and understand the real potential for OLED lighting business.
- Understand the importance of IP and internal know-how in OLEDs.
- Secure your investment by focusing on the winning technology approaches and players with the highest potential for growth.
Key Topics Covered:
2. Why this report
3. General Introduction
4. Executive Summary
5. OLED Definition, Applications and Characteristics
6. OLED Lighting Market
7. OLED Lighting Industry
8. OLED Structures and Materials
9. OLED Manufacturing Technique
10. OLED Manufacturing Cost
11. OLED R&D Roadmaps and Players
12. General Conclusion
About Yole D veloppement and OLED Activity
Companies Mentioned: Click the link below to view the full list of companies featured in this extensive report
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/tbldqk/oled_for_lighting
Research and Markets,
Fax from USA: 646-607-1907
Fax from rest of the world: +353-1-481-1716
Sector: Semiconductor (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/categories.asp cat_id=102&campaign_id=tbldqk)
((M2 Communications disclaims all liability for information provided within M2 PressWIRE. Data supplied by named party/parties. Further information on M2 PressWIRE can be obtained at http://www.presswire.net on the world wide web. Inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org)).
(c) 2013 M2 COMMUNICATIONS
[ Back To SIP Trunking Home's Homepage ]