From the Enterprise VoIP Experts

Home
October 04, 2012

ANPI Expands Enterprise Focus, Adds New Leadership


By Executive Editor, TMC



ANPI ZONE is expanding its focus and adding new senior-level executives to better position the company for the future, the company told TMCnet today at ITEXPO Austin in Austin, Texas.


ANPI is perhaps best known for its business as a wholesale provider of long-distance, SIP and tandem services to the nation’s small rural independent telcos. In fact, the company is the largest provider of wholesale services to this group of telcos, serving nearly 500 of them today.

However, ANPI also caters to enterprise and SMB customers, and the company is moving to expand its focus on this customer group going forward.

David Byrd, who recently joined ANPI as chief marketing officer, is helping lead the company’s charge to win more enterprise and SMB business. The company aims to capture more enterprise and SMB business, he says, by providing these customers with high-quality SIP trunking and other cloud solutions. These services are delivered via ANPI’s recently completed network, which is powered by Sonus Networks equipment.

Wholesale customers are also served by this platform.

To date, ANPI has relied on channel partners to reach enterprise and SMB customers, but the company aims to build a direct sales force by 2013 to target the enterprise and SMB set, while at the same time expanding its channel effort. The company today has somewhere in the neighborhood of 75 to 100 agents; the goal, Byrd says, is to have several thousand agents by 2015.

ANPI is now actively recruiting channel managers.

Today, about a third of ANPI’s revenue comes from the wholesale side of the business, while the other third is derived from enterprise and SMB customers. Within the next three to five years, says Byrd, ANPI aims to see 60 percent of its revenue come from enterprise and the other 40 percent come from wholesale.

While wholesale remains an important part of ANPI’s business, Malachi Threadgill, director of Internet marketing, says the long-distance market is seeing disruption. At the same time, the company and its rural telco customers – along with the telecom industry at large – are faced with the uncertainty of what Universal Service Fund and InterCarrier Compensation reform will bring.

ANPI is therefore working to further diversify its product portfolio and expand its opportunities for new revenue.

In a series of moves that emphasize the company’s ongoing commitment to its wholesale customers, ANPI recently hired on Randy Lemmo as senior vice president of carrier solutions, and Joel Poythress as vice president of carrier services. As chief marketing officer, Byrd is involved in both the wholesale and enterprise sides of the business. All of these are new positions at ANPI, says Byrd.

Byrd previously worked at Broadvox as a marketing executive; he’s also held partner-related VP positions at Eftia and Telcordia. Lemmo previously worked at ANI Networks, where he held the positions of vice president of operations and, more recently, COO.

Poythress has in the past worked for wholesale organizations at BellSouth Long Distance and CenturyLink, as well as in management at AT&T, BellSouth, Funmobility, Neustar and Qwest.

ANPI also recently announced the selection of Craig Freeman as senior director of product and access services. In that post, he is responsible for product management for the company’s broadband value-added services and tandem solution. Freeman previously served as general manager of TMP Corp, dba Simmetry Wireless, a GSM cellular carrier operating in west-central Illinois and northeast Missouri, where he was responsible for all aspects of the traditional carrier and wholesale MVNO operations.

Byrd says ANPI expects to announce additional appointments of senior-level executives – including a new CIO, and new VPs of operations and sales – within the next four weeks.

Want to learn more about the latest in communications and technology? Then be sure to attend ITEXPO Austin 2012, happening now in Austin, TX. Stay in touch with everything happening at ITEXPO. Follow us on Twitter.




Edited by Braden Becker